Maps Earthquakes and faults in the San Francisco Bay Area (1970-2003) / by Benjamin M. Sleeter ... [et al.].
Sleeter, Benjamin M.
San Francisco Bay Area
Earthquake Hazard Analysis
Remote Sensing Maps
San Francisco Bay Area
- Earthquakes and faults in the San Francisco Bay Area (1970-2003) / by Benjamin M. Sleeter ... [et al.].
- Contributor Names
- Sleeter, Benjamin M.
- Created / Published
- Menlo Park : U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey ; Denver, CO : For sale by U.S. Geological Survey, Information Services, 2004.
- Subject Headings
- - Earthquakes--California--San Francisco Bay Area--Remote-sensing maps
- - Earthquake hazard analysis--California--San Francisco Bay Area--Remote-sensing maps
- - Faults (Geology)--California--San Francisco Bay Area--Remote-sensing maps
- - United States--California--San Francisco Bay Area
- - Relief shown by shading. Depths shown by shading and gradient tints.
- - "Landsat satellite image compiled by Benjamin M. Sleeter, U.S. Geological Survey, Mento Park. Bathymetry data compiled from a digital version of NOAA ... by Florence Wong."
- - In lower right margin: 125 years of science for America, 1879-2004.
- - Includes location map, tables of "Magnitute 5.0 and greater earthquakes" and "Explanation," source-material notes, and graph.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 102 x 79 cm.
- Call Number
- G4362.S22C55 2003 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4364s ct001847 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4364s.ct001847
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Places in the News Archive
Additional Conservation and Environment Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division