Maps Map of the drainage & catchment basin of Asylum Creek to illustrate the question of a water supply for the Western Lunatic Asylum, Staunton, Va. /
Asylum Creek Watershed
Asylum Creek Watershed (Va.)
- Map of the drainage & catchment basin of Asylum Creek to illustrate the question of a water supply for the Western Lunatic Asylum, Staunton, Va. /
- Other Title
- Map of the drainage and catchment basin of Asylum Creek to illustrate the question of a water supply for the Western Lunatic Asylum, Staunton, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Asylum Creek Watershed (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Asylum Creek
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Date and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil on 2 sheets of pasted together lined paper to form an irregularly shaped sheet and mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H334
- - In pencil on verso: 203.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 ms. map ; 35 x 27 cm.
- Call Number
- G3882.A89 1879 .H62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3882a cwh00334 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3882a.cwh00334
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citing Primary Souces on the Teachers Page.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.