A new and elegant imperial sheet atlas, comprehending general and particular maps of every part of the world : principally compiled from the great French atlas, and others of the most distinguished geographers in Europe, forming the completest collection of single sheet maps hitherto published and rendered particularly convenient by opening without folds.
Robert Laurie and James Whittle
- A new and elegant imperial sheet atlas, comprehending general and particular maps of every part of the world : principally compiled from the great French atlas, and others of the most distinguished geographers in Europe, forming the completest collection of single sheet maps hitherto published and rendered particularly convenient by opening without folds.
- Translated Title
- Imperial sheet atlas
- Contributor Names
- Robert Laurie and James Whittle.
- Created Published
- London : Printed and published by R. Laurie and J. Whittle, 1808.
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases, British.
- - Earth.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by shading.
- - Map title within ornamental border.
- - Atlas consists of folded maps pasted onto endpapers along spine.
- - Copy annotated in pencil on contents p. DLC
- - Copy imperfect: Torn edges and waterstains on some leaves DLC
- - Phillips 716
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Atlas ( P., 56 Leaves) : Hand Col. Maps ; 53 Cm.
- Call Number
- G1019 .R6 1808
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3200 ct001220 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3200.ct001220
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.