Maps Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California /
Jefferson, T. H.
- Map of the emigrant road from Independence Mo. to St. Francisco, California /
- Contributor Names
- Jefferson, T. H.
- Created / Published
- New York : T.H. Jefferson, 1849.
- Subject Headings
- - Trails--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - West (U.S.)--History--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Accompanied by text: Accompaniment to the Map of the emigrant road from Independence, Mo. to St. Francisco, California by T.H. Jefferson, New York, 1849 (11 p., negative photocopy, folded in pocket, 16 cm.).
- - LC Trails, 113
- - "This map is in four parts and represents the emigrant road from Independence, Mo. by the South Pass of the Rocky Mountains to California. The author was one of a party of emigrants who travelled the road with waggons in 1846. All the streams of water and springs upon the road are delineated; also daily distances, courses and camps made by the party."--Printed on Part 1.
- - Sheets labeled Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV.
- - Includes notes and distance table.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Some acid-transfer.
- - LC copy quarter-bound in black leather with black and cream marbled board (42 cm.), map sheets mounted on linen.
- 1 map on 4 sheets ; sheets 41 x 56 cm.
- Call Number
- G4051.P25 1849 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4051p tr000113 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4051p.tr000113
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.