Maps Plan of Quebec, the capital of Canada in North America, with the bason and part of the adjacent contry [sic] shewing the principal encampments and works of the British Army commanded by Maior General Wolfe and those of the French Army commanded by Lieut. General, the Marquis of Mont Calm during the siege of that place in 1759.
Early Works to 1800
Québec Campaign, Québec
- Plan of Quebec, the capital of Canada in North America, with the bason and part of the adjacent contry [sic] shewing the principal encampments and works of the British Army commanded by Maior General Wolfe and those of the French Army commanded by Lieut. General, the Marquis of Mont Calm during the siege of that place in 1759.
- Subject Headings
- - Québec Campaign, Québec, 1759--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Québec (Québec)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Canada--Québec--Québec
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - "NB. The British works are coloured yellow and thier [sic] encampments red with the faceings [sic] of the different corpes [sic]. The French works and encampments are coloured blue."
- - "N.B. The different parts were surveyed as follows viz, the east side of the Falls of Montmorency, the Point of Orleans, and the south side of the River St. Lawrence by Capt. Debbieg, engineer in ordinary. The coast of Beauport from the River St. Charles to the Falls of Montmorency by Capt. Holland of the Royal Americans as engineer. The ground between the River St. Lawrence and the River St. Charles by Lieutenant Des Barres of the Roy. Americans as eng.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - A small map showing "Encampment and works after the battle of the 13th" affixed to the left border over the area "Hauteur D'Abraham" prior to the battle.
- - Includes text and index.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 91 x 151 cm.
- Call Number
- G3454.Q4S26 1759 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3454q ar303300a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3454q.ar303300a
- g3454q ar303300b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3454q.ar303300b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.