Maps A new map of Virginia, Maryland, and the improved parts of Pennsylvania & New Jersey.
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
- A new map of Virginia, Maryland, and the improved parts of Pennsylvania & New Jersey.
- Contributor Names
- Browne, Christopher, active 1684-1712.
- Created / Published
- London : Sold by Christopher Browne at the Globe near west end of St. Pauls Church, [1685?]
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States
- - Virginia
- - Maryland
- - Pennsylvania
- - New Jersey
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - United States--New Jersey
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Date and attribution from On the Map, 1983 (Figure 24).
- - First state of map published originally in 1685 by Christopher Browne with the imprint in the cartouche under the title. No longitude lines are given.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated with pencil in bottom margin.
- - Stamped and annotated in blue ink on verso: 24.
- - LC copy imperfect: Loose binding along bottom margin.
- 1 map : hand col., mounted on cloth ; 48 x 55 cm.
- Call Number
- G3790 1685 .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3790 ct004098 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3790.ct004098
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.