Maps Johnson's new illustrated (steel plate) family atlas, with descriptions, geographical, statistical, and historical /
Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins)
Johnson and Ward
Johnson, A. J.
Johnson, A. J. (Alvin Jewett)
- Johnson's new illustrated (steel plate) family atlas, with descriptions, geographical, statistical, and historical /
- Other Title
- New Illustrated (steel plate) family atlas
- New Illustrated family atlas
- American atlas
- Family atlas
- Contributor Names
- Johnson, A. J. (Alvin Jewett), 1827-1884.
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893.
- Johnson and Ward.
- Created / Published
- New York : Johnson and Ward, 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases
- - Earth
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 13.96
- - Phillips, 837
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Johnson's new military map of the United States showing forts, military posts &c. with enlarged plans of southern harbors; Map 20-21, listed in LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 13.96.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, with losses and repairs on edges. Half title and title page detached.
- 1 atlas (1 v. (various pagings)) : ill. (some col., some hand col.), hand col. maps ; 47 cm.
- Call Number
- G1019 .J5 1862
- G1019 .J5 1862 Copy 2 Two maps of Toldeo, Ohio, tipped in between half title and title page. First map: Toledo, O. Published by Penfield & Alexander. Second map: Map of Toledo, Lucas Co., Ohio / from special surveys and official records by J.B. Marston. Toldeo, O[hio] : Published by T.J. Brown, Eager & Co., 1874. Atlas brittle, with losses and repairs on edges. Plates 4-5 & 6-7 detached.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.