Collection NoneHide Featured Items
Map of Mount Desert Island.
Descripsion des costs, pts., rades, illes de la Nouuele France ...
Topographic Map, Acadia National Park and vicinity, Hancock ...
Rio Colorado of the West
Map of Grand Canyon National Park.
Topographic map of the Grand Canyon National Park Arizona.
Grand Canyon of the Colorado.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Proposed Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Great Smoky Mountains National Park and vicinity.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina-Tennessee, ...
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park.
Map of the Yellowstone National Park.
Topographical map of the Yellowstone National Park, ...
Map of the tourist routes, Yellowstone National Park.
Map of the Yellowstone National Park, showing routes and ...
Maps | Web Pages Mapping the national parks
- Mapping the national parks
- Created / Published
- Washington, DC : Library of Congress, 
- Subject Headings
- - National parks and reserves--United States
- - Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- - Title from Web page (viewed on May 1, 2006).
- - Offered as part of the American Memory online resource compiled by the National Digital Library Program of the Library of Congress.
- - Text (HTML) and digital images.
- - The Mapping the National Parks collection documents the history, cultural aspects, and geological formations of areas that eventually became National Parks. The collection consists of approximately 200 maps dating from the 17th century to the present, reflecting early mapping of the areas that would become four National Parks, as well as the parks themselves. Production of this collection is supported by a gift from the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Call Number
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.