Part of the north bank of the Rappahannock River showing the approaches to Fredericksburg : prepared under the direction of Capt. R.S. Williamson & 1st Lt. Nicolas Bowen, Corps Topogl. Engrs., U.S.A. for the use of the Army of the Potomac. Compiled by Fred. Churchill, vol. A.D.C. Decr. 1862 /
Mallory, C. A.
King George County
Fredericksburg Region (Va.)
King George County
King George County (Va.)
Rappahannock River (Va.)
- Part of the north bank of the Rappahannock River showing the approaches to Fredericksburg : prepared under the direction of Capt. R.S. Williamson & 1st Lt. Nicolas Bowen, Corps Topogl. Engrs., U.S.A. for the use of the Army of the Potomac. Compiled by Fred. Churchill, vol. A.D.C. Decr. 1862 /
- Contributor Names
- Mallory, C. A.
- Created Published
- [S.l. : s.n.], 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Fredericksburg Region (Va.)
- - Rappahannock River (Va.)
- - King George County (Va.)
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg Region.
- - United States--Virginia--Rappahannock River.
- - United States--Virginia--King George County.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Photographic reduction by L.E. Walker, Treasury Department."
- - "Authorities: U.S. Coast Survey chart of the Rappahannock River [and] surveys and reconnoissances [sic] by C. A. Mallory, Chas. Shoemacker, L.C. Oswell, H.H. Marvin [and] Geo. F. Lathrop, assistants."
- - General map showing roads, houses, names of residents, and woodland.
- - Sun print.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 553.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map : Photocopy ; 44 X 86 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3884.F7 1862 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3884f cw0553500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3884f.cw0553500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.