Maps A map of the United States : compiled chiefly from the state maps and other authentic information /
Early Works to 1800
- A map of the United States : compiled chiefly from the state maps and other authentic information /
- Contributor Names
- Lewis, Samuel, 1753 or 1754-1822.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Engraved for and sold by Matthew Carey, 1795.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Appears in Mathew Carey's General atlas. Philadelphia. 1796?
- - Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset of Florida and the northern gulf coast west to New Orleans.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - Fold-lined, some minor discoloration along folds, some minor losses along folds.
- 1 map ; 60 x 88 cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1795 .L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ct003961 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct003961
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.