Maps [Manuṣyaloka, map of the world of man, according to Jain cosomological traditions].
- [Manuṣyaloka, map of the world of man, according to Jain cosomological traditions].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Jaina cosmology
- - Manuscript maps
- - Earth
- - Title provided by cataloger.
- - Gift; Nasli M. Heeramaneck.
- - From western Rajasthan.
- - Gouache on cotton, sewn on to modern cloth backing. Originally folded in accompanying silk brocade covered wooden boards (each 14 x 27 cm.).
- - Exhibited: World treasures of the Library of Congress: Beginnings, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., June 7, 2001-March 15, 2003.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Liquid staining in upper and lower right corners, ink stain in upper left corner, some losses throughout.
- - Aquisitions control no. 2003-27
- 1 map : col. ; 95 x 91 cm.
- Call Number
- G9930 189- .M2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g9930 ct001173 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g9930.ct001173
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.