La Tourrette's reference map of the state of Louisiana : from the original surveys of the United States, which show the townships, sections, or mile squares, Spanish grants, settlement rights & c., also the plantations with the owners names engraved thereon /
La Tourrette, John
- La Tourrette's reference map of the state of Louisiana : from the original surveys of the United States, which show the townships, sections, or mile squares, Spanish grants, settlement rights & c., also the plantations with the owners names engraved thereon /
- Contributor Names
- La Tourrette, John.
- Created Published
- New Orleans : John La Tourrette, 1848.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Louisiana
- - Landowners--Louisiana
- - United States--Louisiana.
- - Shows land ownership.
- - Includes insets: New Orleans 29 x 21 cm. and land districts 18 x 19 cm.
- - Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map : Col. ; 124 X 138 Cm.
- Call Number
- G4011.G46 1848 .L3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4011g ct001894 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4011g.ct001894
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.