Maps Cooke's new map of the state of North Carolina : constructed from actual surveys, private contributions & authentic public documents procured for the purpose under a special resolution of the General Assembly of the state /
Cooke, William D.
Atlantic and North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina Railroad Company
Western North Carolina Railroad Company
- Cooke's new map of the state of North Carolina : constructed from actual surveys, private contributions & authentic public documents procured for the purpose under a special resolution of the General Assembly of the state /
- Contributor Names
- Cooke, William D. (William Dewey), 1811-1885.
- Created / Published
- New York : J.H. Colton & Co., 1857.
- Subject Headings
- - North Carolina
- - Railroads--North Carolina
- - Western North Carolina Railroad Company
- - North Carolina Railroad Company
- - Atlantic and North Carolina Railroad Company
- - United States--North Carolina
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Greenwich meridian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes: North Carolina Institution for the Deaf and Dumb and the Blind -- Comparative elevations -- Table of heights of mountains etc. above the water and 3 profiles above lower neatline: Profile of the Western N.C. Railroad from Salisbury to the Tennessee line -- Profile of the North Carolina Railroad from Goldsboro to Salisbury -- Profile of the Atlantic & North Carolina R.R.
- - Decorative border.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 99 x 155 cm.
- Call Number
- G3900 1857 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3900 ct001969 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3900.ct001969
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.