Topographical map of the City of New York : showing original water courses and made land /
Viele, Egbert L.
Manhattan (New York)
Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Topographical map of the City of New York : showing original water courses and made land /
- Translated Title
- City of New York
- Contributor Names
- Viele, Egbert L. 1825-1902. (Egbert Ludovicus),
- Created Published
- N[ew] Y[ork] : Ferd. Mayer & Co., c1865.
- Subject Headings
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)--Historical geography
- - United States--New York (State)--Manhattan (New York).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1865 by Egbert L. Viele in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Southern District of New York."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes 3 cross sections and inset map of the northern tip of the island.
- 1 Map : Hand Col. ; 45 X 161 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.N4:2M3 1865 .V5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804n ct002003 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804n.ct002003
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.