Maps The City of New York as laid out by the Commissioners with the surrounding country /
Northeast Atlantic States
Manhattan (New York)
Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)
New York (State)
Northeast Atlantic States
- The City of New York as laid out by the Commissioners with the surrounding country /
- Contributor Names
- Randel, John
- Created / Published
- New York : P. Maverik sculp., 1821.
- Subject Headings
- - Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)
- - Northeast Atlantic States
- - United States--New York (State)--Manhattan (New York)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - United States--Northeast Atlantic States
- - Street planning map. Covers all of Manhattan Island (New York, N.Y.) and substantial parts of adjacent counties in New York and New Jersey. Shows existing and proposed streets; also buildings and other structures, streams and other wetlands, political boundaries.
- - Shows relief by hachures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes illustrations of surveying equipment used by the author.
- - Includes extensive text in left, right and lower margins outside neat line.
- - Includes 2 ancillary maps: Map of the States of Connecticut and Rh[ode Island] with p[arts of] New York, ...; The City of Philadelphia with the surrounding country by John Randel Junr.
- - Mounted on cloth and taped to brown binding.
- - "Longitude East from London."
- 1 map : col. ; 19 x 33 cm., on sheet 70 X 100 cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.N4G45 1821 .R3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804n ct001389 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804n.ct001389
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.