Maps Chart of the Mediterranean Sea /
Neele, Samuel John
- Chart of the Mediterranean Sea /
- Contributor Names
- Thomson, John, active 19th century.
- Neele, Samuel John, 1758-1824.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.] : Thomson, 1817.
- Subject Headings
- - Mediterranean Sea--Maps
- - Harbors--Mediterranean Sea--Maps
- - Mediterranean Sea
- - Relief shown by hachures; depths by soundings in insets.
- - Insets: Bay & roads of Marseilles -- The harbour of Genoa -- Plan of the rock and bay of Gibraltar : shewing the position of the combined fleet and attack of the battering ships in 1782 -- Gulf of Smyrna -- Attack on Algiers by the fleet under the command of Adml. Lord Exmouth, Augst. 27th, 1816 -- Sketch of watering place of Algeziras -- Leghorn Road.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 49 x 59 cm.
- Call Number
- G5672.M4 1817 .T4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5672m ct001201 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5672m.ct001201
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.