Maps Map of Utah territory representing the extent of the irrigable, timber and pasture lands /
Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region (U.S.)
- Map of Utah territory representing the extent of the irrigable, timber and pasture lands /
- Contributor Names
- Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain Region (U.S.)
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.?] : The Survey, 1878.
- Subject Headings
- - Utah--Maps, Topographic
- - United States--Utah
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - In bottom margin: "Julius Bien, Lith."
- - "Note. This map has been constructed from atlas sheets of the U.S. Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain region with additional material taken from the maps of the U.S. Geographical Explorations and surveys west of the 100th meridian, Lieut. Geo. M. Wheeler, Corps of Engineers, in charge ; the U.S. Geological Exploration of the 40th parallel, Clarence King, U.S. Geologist in charge ; and the U.S. Geologial and Geographical Survey of the Territories, F.V. Hayden, in charge."
- - At head of title: Department of the Interior, U.S. Geographical and Geological Survey of the Rocky Mountain region, J.W. Powell in charge.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 90 x 71 cm.
- Call Number
- G4340 1878 .G4
- G4340 1878 .G4 Copy 2 annotated in ink.
- G4340 1878 .G4 Copy 1 in black and white.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4340 ct001922 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4340.ct001922
- g4340 ct001923 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4340.ct001923
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.