Film, Video The truth revealed /
- The truth revealed /
- Other Title
- The young squire impudently stops at the stream where the women are washing clothes. His unsuccessful efforts to flirt with one of them, Mary, are caught in a photograph by his companion. Another of the women, Kate, plotting in conjunction with the squire, maliciously tells John, a stable hand, that Mary, who is John's sweetheart, has been flirting with the squire. John's discomfort is enjoyed by the squire in revenge for Mary's rebuff of his attentions. At the village fete, with his fiancee, the squire sits near the distraught John, mocking his misery. But the photographer shows his snapshot, making John realize that he should have trusted Mary, and the couple are reunited.
- Created / Published
- United States : Motion Picture Distributors and Sales Co., 1910.
- Subject Headings
- - Jealousy--Drama
- - Photography--Drama
- - English title from film and AFI STAR database record no. 8315.
- - Original French title, Les lavendières, per AFI STAR database record no. 8315.
- - The statement, "by Prieur," appears in a Motion picture news release chart, but its relationship to the film is undetermined; R. Prieur appears in an ad for Lux Films in Moving picture world, v. 7, p. 852.
- - Last four feet is unrelated to The truth revealed, a separate, unidentified film with apparently Biblical costumes.
- - MAVIS 10480; The truth revealed.
- - Digital files viewed.
- - Sources used: American Film Institute online catalog, Oct. 25, 2006; AFI STAR database record no. 8315; Moving picture world, v. 7, p. 1131; Abel, R., The Ciné goes to town, p. 209.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 3/24/1976 from LC film lab; viewing print and dupe neg pic; preservation; AFI/Miller (Cecil) Collection.
- - Received: 1/24/2007 from VidiPax; master; preservation; AFI/Miller (Cecil) Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (7 min., ca. 497 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- 1 videocassette of 1 (Betacam SP) (ca. 7 min., ca. 497 ft.) : si., b&w ; 1/2 in. master.
- 1 film reel of 1 (7 min., ca. 497 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg pic.
- Call Number
- FEA 6975 (viewing print)
- VRA 1871 (master)
- FPB 7631 (dupe neg pic)
- Digital Id
- mbrsascfr 6975s1 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/mbrsascfr.6975
- Library of Congress Catalog Number