Maps A map of Wayne & Pike counties, Pennsylvania : shewing the situations & forms of the warrantee tracts, with the numbers by which the respective tracts are distinguished in the maps & books in the Office of the Commissioners of places for Wayne County, the townships, boundaries, roads, waters and principal places /
- A map of Wayne & Pike counties, Pennsylvania : shewing the situations & forms of the warrantee tracts, with the numbers by which the respective tracts are distinguished in the maps & books in the Office of the Commissioners of places for Wayne County, the townships, boundaries, roads, waters and principal places /
- Contributor Names
- Torrey, Jason, 1772-1848.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Printed by Joseph Rakestraw, 1814.
- Subject Headings
- - Land grants--Pennsylvania--Wayne County--Maps
- - Land grants--Pennsylvania--Pike County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Wayne County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Pike County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Wayne County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Pike County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Wayne County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pike County
- - Shows warrantee tract lines and tract numbers.
- - Hand colored to show county and township boundaries.
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress the 7th day of April, 1814, by Jason Torrey of the state of Pennsylvania."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, mounted on cloth backing.
- - Accompanied by text/index book: An index to the map of Wayne and Pike counties, Pennsylvania ... with explanatory remarks / by Jason Torrey. 78 p. ; 21 cm.
- - LC county land ownership maps no. 818.
- - Accompanying index book filed on Vault Shelf.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : hand col. ; 65 x 47 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.W4G46 1814 .T6
- G3823.W4G46 1814 .T6 Copy 2 not hand colored, spot-stained, also fold-lined, missing small areas at fold-line crosses, contains an offset transfer image of another exemplar of the same map placed on it face-to-face with title at bottom.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823w la000818 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823w.la000818
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.