Maps This plan of the city of Philadelphia and its environs (showing the improved parts) /
1796 to 1797
Buildings, Structures, Etc
Early Works to 1800
- This plan of the city of Philadelphia and its environs (showing the improved parts) /
- Contributor Names
- Hills, John (Surveyor)
- Cooke, John, engraver of Hendon.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Published and sold by John Hills, surveyor & draughtsman, 1797.
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Buildings--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Wharves--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Also shows all buildings, names of wharves and landings along the Delaware riverbank, wooded areas, and tract lines beyond the city borders.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy halved for folding, mounted on cloth backing, and edged with blue-and-white cloth border.
- - Wheat & Brun no. 468.
- - Includes notes, index to points of interest, statement of presentation dated "Philad'a Sep'r 5th 1796", and imprint of city seal containing coat-of-arms.
- 1 map ; 67 x 94 cm., folded to 71 x 49 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.P5 1796 .H5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3824p ct001369 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3824p.ct001369
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.