Maps Industrial & political map of Pennsylvania : exhibiting the population, the principal resources of each county, and the valuation of property, the several congressional districts, and the vote for presidential electors in 1840.
Biddle, Edward C.
Administrative and Political Divisions
- Industrial & political map of Pennsylvania : exhibiting the population, the principal resources of each county, and the valuation of property, the several congressional districts, and the vote for presidential electors in 1840.
- Other Title
- Industrial and political map of Pennsylvania
- Political map of Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Biddle, Edward C., 1808-1893.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia] : Edward C. Biddle, c1844.
- Subject Headings
- - Pennsylvania
- - Pennsylvania--Population
- - Pennsylvania--Administrative and political divisions
- - Pennsylvania--Economic conditions--19th century
- - Election districts--Pennsylvania
- - United States.--Congress.--House--Election districts
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - Printed to show extensive statistical data for each county.
- - Does not show individual industries or minor civil divisions.
- - "Compiled from the returns of the Sixth Census and from other official sources."
- - "The map is so colored as to represent the several congressional districts."
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1844 by Edward C. Biddle in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the U.S. for the Eastern District of Penn'a."
- - LC copy imperfect: Use-worn, torn at fold lines, taped, annotated in pencil on verso, numbered labels affixed to outside of cover. DLC
- - Includes notes.
- - Printed statistical table of "Pennsylvania election 1835" affixed to inside of cover.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; on sheet 42 x 67 cm., folded in cover 13 x 8 cm.
- Call Number
- G3821.E25 1840 .B5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3821e ct002092 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3821e.ct002092
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.