Maps Map illustrating the military operations in front of Atlanta, Ga. : from the passage of Peach Tree Creek, July 19th, 1864, to the commencement of the movement upon the enemy's lines of communication, south of Atlanta, August 26th, 1864 /
United States. War Department. Office of the Chief of Engineers
Atlanta Region (Ga.)
- Map illustrating the military operations in front of Atlanta, Ga. : from the passage of Peach Tree Creek, July 19th, 1864, to the commencement of the movement upon the enemy's lines of communication, south of Atlanta, August 26th, 1864 /
- Contributor Names
- United States. War Department. Office of the Chief of Engineers.
- Graphic Company.
- Created / Published
- N[ew] Y[ork] : Graphic Co., [1875?]
- Subject Headings
- - Atlanta Region (Ga.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Atlanta Campaign, 1864--Maps
- - Landowners--Georgia--Atlanta Region--Maps
- - United States--Georgia--Atlanta Region
- - Atlanta Campaign
- - Shows fortifications, headquarters, and location and dates of battles.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Gift; Miss Eleanor Sherman Fitch; July 7, 1942.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S195, 143
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes list of authorities and names of select landowners.
- - Insets keyed to map: A portion of the Confederate defenses of Atlanta -- A portion of the U.S. defensive works erected after the capture of Atlanta.
- - LC copy imperfect: Sheet in 2 pieces, torn vertically approx. 1/3 from the right edge, 4 minor tears along lower-left margin, 1 minor tear along lower-right margin.
- 1 map : col. ; 71 x 77 cm.
- Call Number
- G3924.A8S5 1864 .U5
- G3924.A8S5 1864 .U5 Copy 2 CW 143 Sectioned vertically in half, mounted on cloth.
- G3924.A8S5 1864 .U5 Copy 3 CW 143 Laminated, sectioned vertically in half, mounted on cloth, stamped in blue in lower left margin: "540."
- G3924.A8S5 1864 .U5 Copy 4 CW 143 Laminated, sectioned vertically in half, mounted on cloth, minor losses along top margin and lower right margin, stamped in blue in lower left margin: "1018B," stamped in blue in lower center margin: "4666."
- G3924.A8S5 1864 .U5 Copy 5 CW 143 Laminated, sectioned vertically in half, mounted on cloth, stamped in blue in lower left margin: "1016B."
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.