Maps Map by which the Creek Indians gave their statement at Fort Strother on the 22nd Jany, 1816 : [Alabama and Georgia].
Indians of North America
- Map by which the Creek Indians gave their statement at Fort Strother on the 22nd Jany, 1816 : [Alabama and Georgia].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Alabama--Maps, Manuscript
- - Georgia--Maps, Manuscript
- - Creek Indians--Alabama--History--19th century
- - Creek Indians--Georgia--History--19th century
- - Indians of North America--Land tenure--Alabama--Maps
- - Indians of North America--Land tenure--Georgia--Maps
- - Fortification--Alabama--Maps
- - Fortification--Georgia--Maps
- - United States--Alabama
- - United States--Georgia
- - Shows Alabama and Georgia from the Tombigbee River in the west to the southern Great Smoky Mountains and the Savannah River in the east and indicating U.S. Army forts in that region.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title from verso.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Includes note on verso.
- - On verso in pencil at upper left: Catalogued W.
- - Imperfect: Fold-lined.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map ; 25 x 39 cm.
- Call Number
- G3970 1816 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.