Maps Map of routes for a Pacific railroad /
Warren, G. K.
Explorations and Surveys
- Map of routes for a Pacific railroad /
- Contributor Names
- Warren, G. K. (Gouverneur Kemble), 1830-1882.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : Office of P. R. R. Surveys, 1855
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--West (U.S.)--Maps
- - Pacific railroads--Explorations and surveys--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Appears in the U.S. War Dept.'s Report of the Secretary of War on the several Pacific railroad explorations, 1855.
- - "This is a hurried compilation of all the authentic surveys and is designed to exhibit the relations of the different routes to each other. An elaborate map on scale of 1:3,000,000 is being compiled and is in an advanced state."
- - In manuscript ink on verso: "Maps showing boundaries of proposed territory of Arizona belonging to the [illegible], Department of the Interior."
- - Annotations in ink at lower center.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth, minor discoloration horizontally along lower right half and along upper left half.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 52 x 57 cm.
- Call Number
- G4051.P3 1855 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4051p ct001866 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4051p.ct001866
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.