Map of the route passed over by an expedition into the Indian country in 1832 to the source of the Mississippi /
Discovery and Exploration
Indians of North America
Itasca, Lake (Minn.)
Schoolcraft, Henry Rowe
- Map of the route passed over by an expedition into the Indian country in 1832 to the source of the Mississippi /
- Contributor Names
- Drayton, Lieut.
- Created Published
- [Washington, D.C.? : U.S. War Dept., 1832?]
- Subject Headings
- - Schoolcraft, Henry Rowe,--1793-1864.
- - Minnesota--Discovery and exploration
- - Indians of North America--Minnesota
- - Itasca, Lake (Minn.)--Discovery and exploration
- - Mississippi River--Discovery and exploration
- - United States--Minnesota.
- - United States--Minnesota--Itasca, Lake.
- - United States--Mississippi River.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Bar scale incorrect.
- - Note in manuscript ink on paper affixed to verso: "To accompany the claim of H.R. Schoolcraft. The country coloured green lies west & north of the [Michigan superintendance?]."
- - Additional note in manuscript ink, in a different hand and on different paper, affixed to verso: "Sub-[illegible]. 'K'."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, minor losses along folds, minor staining at upper and lower left and horizontally along center fold, mounted on cloth, edged with cloth tape,. DLC
- 1 Map : Hand Col. ; 40 X 48 Cm.
- Call Number
- G4141.S12 1832 .D7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4141s ct002298 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4141s.ct002298
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.