Maps Map of the United States of America, the British Provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America, with part of New Granada and Venezuela /
Atwood, John M.
Barnard, William S.
Colton, G. Woolworth
Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth)
Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins)
- Map of the United States of America, the British Provinces, Mexico, the West Indies and Central America, with part of New Granada and Venezuela /
- Contributor Names
- Colton, G. Woolworth (George Woolworth), 1827-1901.
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893.
- Atwood, John M., approximately 1818-
- Barnard, William S., approximately 1809-
- Created / Published
- New York : J.H. Colton, 1849.
- Subject Headings
- - North America--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - Mexico--Maps
- - Central America--Maps
- - West Indies--Maps
- - Caribbean Area--Maps
- - United States
- - Wall map.
- - Shows Canada only along United States border.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Gift; Buffy Cafritz, Madison Council; 2004.
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington, D.C.
- - Differs from other 1849 ed. by omission of table of distances at lower left and "gold region" in California.
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets. Sheets joined vertically, mounted on cloth.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes ill. and inset of Atlantic Ocean area.
- - Shellacked. Attached to wooden rods along top and bottom of map.
- - Vendor: Primitive Pieces
- - Acquisitions control no. 2004-063
- 1 map : hand col. ; 76 x 97 cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1849 .C6
- G3300 1849 .C6 Copy 2 Sectioned into 32 pieces, mounted on cloth, folded in cover 22 x 14 cm.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ct001851 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct001851
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.