Maps [Map of northern Virginia and part of Maryland].
Abert, J. W. (James William)
District of Columbia
- [Map of northern Virginia and part of Maryland].
- Contributor Names
- Abert, J. W. (James William), 1820-1897.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n. , 1862?]
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia, Northern--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Virginia, Northern--Defenses--Maps
- - Maryland--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Washington Region--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Washington--District of Columbia
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Shows area south of Frederick, Maryland to Colchester, Virginia and west of Baltimore, Maryland to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, including fortifications at Munson Hill.
- - Note on verso obscured by mounting: From Capt. James W. Abert, U.S. Army Topog. Engrs.
- - LC copy annotated in ink: Capt. James W. Abert, Capt. U.S. Army Topog. Engrs.
- - Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Sun print.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 451.7
- - LC copy: Annotated in ink, hand colored in watercolors, and mounted on cloth.
- - Call no. cited in LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.): G3882.N6 186- .A3 Vault. $5 DLC
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., photocopy (positive) ; 45 x 53 cm.
- Call Number
- G3882.V43S5 1862 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.