Maps [Map of the lines of march of the Army of the Potomac from Culpeper to Petersburg, Virginia] /
Michler, N. (Nathaniel)
United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Department
- [Map of the lines of march of the Army of the Potomac from Culpeper to Petersburg, Virginia] /
- Contributor Names
- United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Department.
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n.], 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Sun print annotated in pen-and-ink the lines of march of the Federal II, V, VI, IX, and XVIII corps and the cavalry.
- - Sheets 2, 3, and 5 are signed by Maj. N. Michler and are dated July 28, August 2, and November 7, 1864, respectively.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 500, 501
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Some losses, discoloration, soiling, and staining along edges.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., photocopy, mounted on cloth ; each 33 x 48 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3881.S5 1864 .U5
- G3881.S5 1864 .U5 Copy 2 Vault : CW 501 Sheet 6 signed in manuscript: N. Michler, Major of Engineers, U.S.A., smaller legend, some losses, discoloration, soiling, and staining along edges. Each sheet stamped in purple ink with numbers written in pencil on verso: Gilbert Thompson, 2-7, 759.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.