Maps Map showing detailed topography of the country traversed by the reconnaissance expedition through southern and southeastern Nevada /
Hamel, P. W.
Lockwood, D. W. (Daniel Wright)
Wheeler, George M. (George Montague)
- Map showing detailed topography of the country traversed by the reconnaissance expedition through southern and southeastern Nevada /
- Other Title
- Reconnaissance maps : Department of California
- Military map no. 1
- Contributor Names
- Hamel, P. W.
- Wheeler, George M. (George Montague), 1842-1905.
- Lockwood, D. W. (Daniel Wright)
- Created / Published
- [California] : Engineer Office, Head Quarters Department of California, 1870
- Subject Headings
- - Nevada--Maps, Topographic
- - Military topography--Nevada--Maps
- - United States--Nevada
- - Covers Elko, White Pine, Lander, Nye, and Lincoln counties in Nevada.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Gift; Miss Eleanor Sherman Fitch; July 7, 1942.
- - "Officially compiled and published at the Engineer Office, Head Quarters Department of California in 1869 and 70, by order of Brigadier General E. O. C. Ord, Commdg. [signed in facsimile] Geo. M. Wheeler, Lieutenant of Engineers in charge. Head Quarters Dept. of Cal., Oct. 26th 1870."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S182
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Holes and losses along top and bottom edges repaired with tape.
- - Includes text.
- - In red on verso: 23.
- 1 map : col. ; 94 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G4350 1870 .H2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.