Maps Carte de la Province et Colonie de la Louisiane, dans la partie Septentrionnal de l'Amerique /
Le Page Du Pratz
Mississippi River Valley
Early Works to 1800
Mississippi River Valley
- Carte de la Province et Colonie de la Louisiane, dans la partie Septentrionnal de l'Amerique /
- Other Title
- Carte de la Louisiane
- Carte a le main de la Louisiane
- Contributor Names
- Le Page du Pratz, -1775.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi River Valley--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Louisiana--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Mississippi River Valley
- - United States--Louisiana
- - Shows the Mississippi River and tributaries from the Illinois River south to the Gulf of Mexico.
- - Gift; Partial funding for this purchase from the Ed Cox Legacy Fund; 2007.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes numbered points of interest index, inset of New Orleans with numbered building index, and list of latitudes for select points.
- - Imperfect: Fold-lined.
- - Vendor: Martayan Lan
- - Acquisitions control no. 2007-236
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 91 x 62 cm.
- Call Number
- G4042.M5 1735 .L4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4042m ct002189 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4042m.ct002189
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.