Harper's cereographic map of the United States and Canada : showing the canals, rail roads, and principal stage routes /
Indians of North America
- Harper's cereographic map of the United States and Canada : showing the canals, rail roads, and principal stage routes /
- Contributor Names
- Breese, Samuel, 1802-1873.
- Created Published
- New York : Harper & Brothers, 1847.
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - Canada
- - Canals--United States
- - Canals--Canada
- - Railroads--United States
- - Railroads--Canada
- - Stagecoach lines--United States
- - Stagecoach lines--Canada
- - Indians of North America
- - United States.
- - Canada.
- - North America.
- - Shows only southeastern and southwestern portions of Canada.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes 24 insets, county population table, and notes indicating distribution of Native American populations.
- - In upper left margin in manuscript ink: "Deposited in the Clerk's Office for the So. Dist. of New York August 4, 1847." DLC
- - On verso in manuscript ink: "Copyright, Map of U.S. and Canda by S. Breese, published by Harper & Co., 1847." DLC
- 1 Map on 2 Sheets ; 77 X 108 Cm., Sheets 97 X 68 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1847 .B7
- G3700 1847 .B7 Copy 2 Vault Sectioned into 4 pieces, mounted on cloth, partially edged in cloth tape, pinholes in all corners, some states outlined in blue ink, some cities dotted with red ink.
- G3700 1847 .B7 Copy 3 Vault Rolled Mounted on cloth, sheet 102 x 129 cm. Hand col. Attached to wooden rods along top and bottom of map. Vendor: John Carbonell. Acquisitions control no. 1996-40.01.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ct003227 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct003227
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.