Maps Map of the territory west of the Rocky Mountains /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Bonneville, Benjamin Louis Eulalie De
Discovery and Exploration
- Map of the territory west of the Rocky Mountains /
- Contributor Names
- Bonneville, Benjamin Louis Eulalie de, 1796-1878.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Carey, Lea, & Blanchard , 1837.
- Subject Headings
- - West (U.S.)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--West
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - From: The Rocky Mountains; or, scenes, incidents, and adventures in the far west; digested from the journal of Captain B. L. E. Bonneville, of the Army of the United States, and illustrated from various other sources.
- - Wheat, C.I. Mapping of the transmississippi West, 424
- - Exhibition: Exhibited: Rivers, edens, empires: Lewis & Clark and the revealing of America, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., July 24-Nov. 29, 2003.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 44 x 41 cm.
- Call Number
- G4051.S12 1837 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4051s ct000911 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4051s.ct000911
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.