A new and accurate map of the country for twenty five miles round the University of Oxford : exhibiting all the direct and cross roads, the hills, vales, woods, rivers, canals, towns, villages, hamlets, parks, and seats of the nobility & gentry : from the latest surveys and observations /
Oxford Region (England)
- A new and accurate map of the country for twenty five miles round the University of Oxford : exhibiting all the direct and cross roads, the hills, vales, woods, rivers, canals, towns, villages, hamlets, parks, and seats of the nobility & gentry : from the latest surveys and observations /
- Translated Title
- Gentleman hunter's and sportsman's pocket companion : in a circle of twenty-five miles round Oxford
- Contributor Names
- Pawley, G.
- Created Published
- Oxford : Slatter and Munday : Sold by Hanwell & Parker, booksellers, 1805.
- Subject Headings
- - Oxford Region (England)
- - Oxfordshire (England)
- - England--Oxford Region.
- - England--Oxfordshire.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Also covers county of Oxfordshire and adjacent regions.
- - Statement of dedication at upper right: To the Vice Chancellor ... in the University of Oxford ... this map is most respectfully inscribed by the Proprietor.
- - "Published as the Act directs by Slatter and Munday, Oxford, April 15, 1805."
- - Sectioned to 12 panels to enable folding.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes small text of "Remarks" and statement of latitude/longitude figures for Oxford city.
- 1 Map : Hand Col., on Cloth Backing ; 42 Cm. in Diam., on Sheet 46 X 47 Cm., Folded to 16 X 12 Cm., in Rigid Slipcase 16 X 12 X 1 Cm.
- Call Number
- G5754.O9A1 1805 .P3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5754o ct002385 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5754o.ct002385
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.