Maps A plan of the city of Savannah : with a drawing of the part of the city burnt in the dreadful fires of the 26 November & 6 December, 1796.
Marian S. Carson Collection (Library of Congress)
Early Works to 1800
- A plan of the city of Savannah : with a drawing of the part of the city burnt in the dreadful fires of the 26 November & 6 December, 1796.
- Other Title
- Map of Savannah after fire 1796
- Contributor Names
- Marian S. Carson Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Savannah (Ga.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Georgia--Savannah--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fires--Georgia--Savannah--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Georgia--Savannah
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Oriented with north toward lower right.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Select buildings shown pictorially.
- - Annotations in pencil.
- - Minor tears around edges of sheet repaired by conservation.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 49 x 71 cm.
- Call Number
- G3924.S3 1796 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3924s ct002304 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3924s.ct002304
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.