Maps A plann of the town of Savannah in the state of Georgia.
Early Works to 1800
- A plann of the town of Savannah in the state of Georgia.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Savannah (Ga.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Real property--Georgia--Savannah--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Landowners--Georgia--Savannah--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Georgia--Savannah
- - "This plann is laid down according to the original design but the distances are marked by the survey made & confirmed by Act of Assembly in the year of our lord 1761. [illegible initials]."
- - Oriented with north toward lower right.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes and names of select property owners.
- - Fold-lined. Minor losses along folds repaired by conservation. Pin holes in all corners.
- 1 ms. map ; on sheet 44 x 56 cm.
- Call Number
- G3924.S3 1761 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3924s ct003966 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3924s.ct003966
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.