Maps Map of the territory of Florida, from its northern boundary to lat. 27030ʹN, connected with the delta of the Mississippi : annexed to the report of the Board of Internal Improvement dated Febr. 19th, 1829, relating to the canal contemplated to connect the Atlantic with the Gulf of Mexico and describing the inland navigation parallel to the coast from the Mississippi to the Bay of Espiritu Santo and from St. Mary's Harbour to St. Augustine
United States. Board of Internal Improvement
- Map of the territory of Florida, from its northern boundary to lat. 27⁰30ʹN, connected with the delta of the Mississippi : annexed to the report of the Board of Internal Improvement dated Febr. 19th, 1829, relating to the canal contemplated to connect the Atlantic with the Gulf of Mexico and describing the inland navigation parallel to the coast from the Mississippi to the Bay of Espiritu Santo and from St. Mary's Harbour to St. Augustine
- Contributor Names
- United States. Board of Internal Improvement.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.?] : Board of Internal Improvement, 1829.
- Subject Headings
- - Southern States
- - Florida
- - United States--Southern States
- - United States--Florida
- - Covers portions of southern states of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- - Bibliography.
- - LC Trails 237
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes 2 profile charts displaying elevations, area map that extends southward into Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean regions, and 13 insets that show entrances to bays and rivers.
- - Copy imperfect: Brittle, stained, creased. DLC
- 1 map ; 67 x 164 cm.
- Call Number
- G3860 1829 .U5
- G3860 1829 .U5 Oversize Copy 2 1 sheet, 74 x 170 cm., backed with cloth and in 3 sections.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3860 tr000237 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3860.tr000237
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division