Maps This is a draft of a parcell [i.e. parcel] of salt meadow together with severall [i.e. several] hummuks [i.e. hummocks] of upland therein contained lying in the township of Westerly belonging to Mr. William Champlin : measured and drafted this 17th day of September 1717 for M[r.] Daniell [i.e. Daniel] Brown.
- This is a draft of a parcell [i.e. parcel] of salt meadow together with severall [i.e. several] hummuks [i.e. hummocks] of upland therein contained lying in the township of Westerly belonging to Mr. William Champlin : measured and drafted this 17th day of September 1717 for M[r.] Daniell [i.e. Daniel] Brown.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Rhode Island--Westerly (Town)--Maps
- - United States--Rhode Island--Westerly (Town)
- - Cadastral map showing Champlin's property extending from "the sea shore" to "the salt pond" and including island in salt pond. Also indicates that property north of that of Champlin is "Noyces land."
- - Oriented with north to the left, if map positioned so that title in margin is at bottom.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Watermark consists in part of fleur-de-lis.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Signed on verso: William Champlin this draft.
- - Imperfect: Scuff marks, tears, creases, stains, small missing pieces.
- - Annotated in pencil on both sides: 37575 [Rhode Island].
- - Acquisitions control no.: 2008-161
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 10 x 18 cm., on sheet 18 x 30 cm.
- Call Number
- G3774.W82G46 1717 .T5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3774w la002017 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3774w.la002017
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.