Maps The harbor of Annapolis /
Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas)
Cutts, R. D. (Richard Dominicus)
Gerdes, F. H.
United States Coast Survey
- The harbor of Annapolis /
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Cutts, R. D. (Richard Dominicus), 1817-1883.
- Ferguson, James, 1797-1867.
- Gerdes, F. H.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, United States Coast Survey], 1846.
- Subject Headings
- - Harbors--Maryland--Annapolis--Maps
- - Nautical charts--Maryland--Annapolis Region
- - Nautical charts--Facsimiles
- - United States--Maryland--Annapolis
- - United States--Maryland--Annapolis Region
- - Scale 1:60,000.
- - Triangulation by James Ferguson and Ferd. H. Gerdes, assistants ; the hydrography under the direction of George M. Bache, lieutenant U.S. Navy ; typography by F.H. Gerdes, assistant.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - Covers Annapolis region including Severn River and adjacent part of Chesapeake Bay.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes sailing information and 4 coastal panoramas.
- - AACR2: 110; 650/1; 650/2; 700/1; 700/2; 700/3; 700/4
- 1 map ; 37 x 45 cm.
- Call Number
- G3844.A6P5 1846 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3844a ct002197 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3844a.ct002197
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.