Maps [Maps for history of 20th Army Corps, June 1864-May 11, 1865].
McDowell, Robert M.
South Atlantic States
Sherman's March Through the Carolinas
Sherman's March to the Sea
Sherman, William T.
South Atlantic States
- [Maps for history of 20th Army Corps, June 1864-May 11, 1865].
- Contributor Names
- McDowell, Robert M. (Topographical engineer)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Sherman, William T.--(William Tecumseh),--1820-1891
- - South Atlantic States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Atlanta Campaign, 1864--Maps
- - Sherman's March to the Sea--Maps
- - Sherman's March through the Carolinas--Maps
- - United States--South Atlantic States
- - Atlanta Campaign
- - Maps show General Sherman's march south through Georgia then north to Virginia.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen and ink, colored ink, and pencil on paper and tracing cloth.
- - Not bound. Each map in an envelope 31 x 23 cm.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 77.1
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - One of the cover sheets (now missing) contained the pencil notation "Maps for history of 20th Army Corps."
- - Twenty of the maps are variant manuscript copies of maps in the McDowell atlas (CW 77).
- - Call number revised from that appearing in Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- 1 ms. atlas ( leaves) : 28 col. maps (some folded), 23 x 30 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G1289.31.S5 M22 1865
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.