Maps [Map of Utah Beach, Normandy, France].
United States. Navy
- [Map of Utah Beach, Normandy, France].
- Contributor Names
- United States. Navy.
- Created / Published
- Camp Bradford, Va. : [United States Navy, 1944]
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France--Normandy
- - Normandy (France)
- - France--Normandy
- - Depth shown by bathymetric tints.
- - Shows tide lines, slope of the beach, buildings beyond the beach, and the location of hedgehogs (an anti-landing craft system). Numbers on the map correspond with other more traditional maps developed for the invasion.
- - Title provided by cataloger.
- - Created by United States Navy, June 1944 at Camp Bradford, Va.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; Charles Burwell.
- 1 relief model in two sections : col., rubber on foam backing ; both 120 x 120 cm.
- Call Number
- G5833.N7S7 1944 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5833n ct002437a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5833n.ct002437a
- g5833n ct002437b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5833n.ct002437b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.