Maps Carta dimostrativa della Colonia Eritrea e delle regioni adiacenti alla scala di 1:250,000.
Istituto Geografico Militare (Italy)
- Carta dimostrativa della Colonia Eritrea e delle regioni adiacenti alla scala di 1:250,000.
- Contributor Names
- Istituto geografico militare (Italy)
- Created / Published
- [Florence, Italy?] : Istituto geografico militare, 1896-
- Subject Headings
- - Eritrea--Maps
- - Italy--Colonies--Africa--Maps
- - Sudan--Maps
- - Ethiopia--Maps
- - Eritrea
- - Sudan
- - Ethiopia
- - Also shows part of eastern Sudan and part of northern Ethiopia.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Title from title sheet.
- - Geographic coverage complete in 16 sheets.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes index map, text, and glossary on title sheet.
- - Each map includes diagram indicating sources of compilation.
- - Sheets mounted on cloth.
- - Stamped in blue ink at upper right of title sheet: Despatch no. [blank space] U.S. Embassy, Rome [in manuscript red ink] Feby. 9 189 [in manuscript red ink] 7, Captain George P. Scriven, Signal Corps, Military Attache.
- - Also stamped in blue ink at upper right of title sheet: War Department, Military Information Feb 26 1897 Divison Adjutant General's Office.
- - Additionally stamped in ink at lower right of title sheet: Oct 31 1952 Division of Maps [then in blue ink] cancelled.
- - Additionally stamped in red ink at lower right of title sheet: Military Information Division, Map Section.
- - Annotations in blue pencil on verso of maps.
- - LC copy imperfect: All but 2 maps wanting.
- maps : col. ; 45 x 43 cm. + 1 title sheet (col. ; 67 x 54 cm.)
- Call Number
- G8340 s250 .I8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.