Notated Music Florida verba
Silvestri, Florido De
Sacred Vocal Music
- Florida verba
- Contributor Names
- Silvestri, Florido de -- fl. 1642-1672
- Created / Published
- Antwerp, 1661, monographic.
- Subject Headings
- - Sacred vocal music -- 16th century
- - Sacred vocal music -- 17th century
- - Compiled by Florido de Silvestri.
- - An incomplete transcipt in score, said to be in the hand-writing of Thomas Pinto (1714-1783), whose autograph appears on the title-page, and containing motets by Durante, Cechelli, Bonetti, Corradi, Gratiani, Leardini, Olivati, Carpani and the compiler. This is followed (p. 54-144) by the scores of a number of sacred compositions of the 16th and 17th centuries, including an anonymous Hymnum, Deus tuorum militum dated 1699, Palestrina's mass Panis quem ego dabo and Victoria's 6 voice Salve Regina (both anonymous in the transcript), an 8 voice Magnificat by Maestro Patiño, an unidentified "Messa a 4 v. in Palestina" and Alessandro Scarlatti's Psalm memento domine (incomplete).
- - From the Cummings collection.
- musical score
- 1 ms. score (144 p.) ; 38 cm.
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Related Resources
- http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200154776/default.html (electronic resource)
- Other Formats
- LC Classification
- M1490 .S59