Maps Military reconnaissance of Virginia /
- Military reconnaissance of Virginia /
- Other Title
- Head Qrs. Dept. N. E. Virginia
- Contributor Names
- Young, J. J.
- McDowell, Irvin, 1818-1885.
- Whipple, Amiel Weeks, 1817?-1863.
- Putnam, Haldimand Sumner, 1836-1863.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. s.n., 186-?]
- Subject Headings
- - Fairfax County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Loudoun County (Va.)--Maps
- - Prince William County (Va.)--Maps
- - Fortification--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Fairfax County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Fairfax County
- - United States--Virginia--Loudoun County
- - United States--Virginia--Prince William County
- - Shows Fairfax County and parts of Loudoun and Prince William counties, Virginia. Also shows fortifications in the environs of Washington and names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - In upper margin: 211, L. Sheet 19.
- - Date and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Sun print annotated in pen-and-ink roads (red), railroads (blue), and a few additional place names (black).
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 536.6
- - Signed in ink at lower right corner: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defenses of Washington to Engr. Dep't. Jany 1866.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Stamped on verso: By transfer, Chief Engineers Office, War Department.
- - LC copy imperfect: Photocopy is very faded.
- - DCP
- 1 map : photocopy, sectioned in 4 mounted on cloth ; 109 x 86 cm.
- Call Number
- G3883.F2S5 186- .Y5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.