Map of the sources of Snake River : with its tributaries together with portions of the headwaters of the Madison and Yellowstone from surveys and observations of the Snake River Expedition /
Bechler, Gustavus R.
Snake River (Wyo.-Wash.)
- Map of the sources of Snake River : with its tributaries together with portions of the headwaters of the Madison and Yellowstone from surveys and observations of the Snake River Expedition /
- Contributor Names
- Bechler, Gustavus R.
- Created Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1872]
- Subject Headings
- - Geology--Snake River (Wyo.-Wash.)
- - Snake River (Wyo.-Wash.)
- - United States--Wyoming--Snake River.
- - United States--Idaho--Snake River.
- - Relief shown by spot heights.
- - Shows geological formations in eastern Idaho and northwestern Wyoming.
- - Route of the surveying part is indicated by line symbol with designations alongside, including dates of encampments. Also shown by line symbol with designations alongside are three routes: road to the salt works; stage road to Virginia City from vicinity of "Market Lake;" and stage road from Corinne to Virginia City.
- - Includes profiles of ranges and basins.
- - "Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey of the Territories, F.V. Hayden, U.S. Geologist in charge."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map : Col. ; 65 X 67 Cm.
- Call Number
- G4242.S6 1872 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4242s ct002644 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4242s.ct002644
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division