Maps The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States /
Modern School Supply Company
Rowles, E. W. A.
Discovery and Exploration
Indians of North America
Spanish American War
Territories and Possessions
War of 1812
- The comprehensive series, historical-geographical maps of the United States /
- Other Title
- Historical-geographical maps of the United States
- Contributor Names
- Modern School Supply Company.
- Rowles, E. W. A.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, Ill. : Modern School Supply Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Historical geography--Maps
- - United States--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- - United States--Territorial expansion--Maps
- - United States--Territories and possessions--Maps
- - United States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps
- - Indians of North America--Wars--Maps
- - United States--History--War of 1812--Maps
- - Mexican War, 1846-1848--Maps
- - United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Maps
- - World War, 1914-1918--History--United States--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--History--United States--Maps
- - Flags--United States--History--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Wall maps.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Copyright by E.W.A. Rowles"--On map sheets.
- - Publication date inferred from rubber-stamped date: Dec. 1-1919.
- - Sheet edges mounted on cloth backing.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Some maps include inset.
- - Includes brief description for period shown on each map and col. ill.
- - Maps nos. 31, 32, 33, and 34 published separately in LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.) under entry nos. 31, 43, 52, and 77.8 respectively.
- - LC copy imperfect: Torn along fold lines and margins of some sheets.
- 48 maps : col. ; 65 x 106 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.S1 s2600 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.