Maps The American atlas, exhibiting the post offices, post roads, rail roads, canals, and the physical & political divisions of the United States of North America /
Burr, David H.
- The American atlas, exhibiting the post offices, post roads, rail roads, canals, and the physical & political divisions of the United States of North America /
- Contributor Names
- Burr, David H., 1803-1875.
- Created / Published
- [London?] : John Arrowsmith, 
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - Postal service--United States
- - Post roads--United States
- - Railroads--United States
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title from title sheet.
- - "Entered according to the act of Congress, July 10th 1839, by David H. Burr, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the District of Columbia."
- - Phillips, 4525
- - Map of the United States of North America LC Railroad maps, 6
- - Map of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware LC Railroad maps, 70
- - Map of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut LC Railroad maps, 98
- - Map of Mississippi, Louisiana & Arkansas LC Railroad maps, 134
- - Map of Georgia & Alabama LC Railroad maps, 200
- - Map of Kentucky & Tennessee LC Railroad maps, 224
- - Map of New Jersey and Pennsylvania LC Railroad maps, 255
- - Map of New York LC Railroad maps, 259
- - Map of North and South Carolina LC Railroad maps, 273
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Map of the United States of North America Exhibited: Rivers, edens, empires: Lewis & Clark and the revealing of America, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., July 24-November 29, 2003.
- - Includes notes.
- - United States & part of the adjacent countries -- Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island & Connecticut -- New York -- New Jersey and Pennsylvania -- Virginia, Maryland and Delaware -- North & South Carolina -- Georgia and Alabama -- Florida -- Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas -- Ohio and Indiana -- Kentucky and Tennessee -- Illinois and Missouri -- Michigan and part of Wisconsin Territory.
- - Advertisement (28 x 21 cm.) regarding sales and ordering pasted on inside of portfolio. DLC
- 1 loose-leaf atlas (13 maps) : hand col., mounted on cloth ; maps 130 x 130 cm. or smaller, folded in case 50 x 33 x 7 cm.
- Call Number
- G1200 .B9 1839
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700m gct00185 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700m.gct00185
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.