Maps Map of Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Beers, S. N.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : A. Pomeroy Publisher, 1862
- Subject Headings
- - Dauphin County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Dauphin County (Pa.)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County--Maps
- - Business enterprises--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County--Directories
- - Harrisburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Middletown (Dauphin County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Harrisburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Middletown (Dauphin County)
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Former wall map.
- - Also shows minor civil divisions (townships and boroughs), buildings, and householders names.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1862 by A. Pomeroy in the Clerks Office of the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsyl'a."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, small internal sections missing, sectioned to 7 sheets, hemmed along outer sheet edges.
- - Includes large "Plan of Harrisburg, scale 25 rods to the inch" (inset), large inset of Borough of Middletown, numerous local business directories, and mileage table.
- - Village insets: Mechanicsville -- Fisherville -- Linglestown -- Elizabethville -- Jacksonville -- Derry or Spring Creek -- Berrysburg -- Hummelstown -- Rockville (Susquehanna P.O.) -- Halifax -- Millersburg -- Uniontown (Pillow P.O.) -- Matamoras -- Dauphin -- Benvenue P.O. -- Highspire P.O. -- Manadaville -- Wiconisco -- Gratz -- Lykens -- Union Deposit -- Shellstown.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 736
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 7 sheets: hand col. ; 149 x 148 cm., sheets 53 x 77 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.D3 1862 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823d la000736a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823d.la000763a
- g3823d la000736b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823d.la000763b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.