Maps Rough plan of the defences of the harbour of Annapolis in Maryland /
Severn River (Md.)
- Rough plan of the defences of the harbour of Annapolis in Maryland /
- Other Title
- Plan of the works for the defense of Annapolis
- plan of the works for the defense of annapolis
- Contributor Names
- Tatham, William, 1752-1819.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fortification--Maryland--Annapolis
- - Fortification--Maryland--Severn River
- - Harbors--Maryland--Annapolis
- - Annapolis (Md.)
- - Severn River (Md.)
- - United States--Maryland--Annapolis
- - United States--Maryland--Severn River
- - Shows forts in Annapolis and along the lower Severn River. Also shows harbor and public buildings in Annapolis.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Manuscript: Black ink, red watercolor for forts and buildings, green and brown watercolor washes for shading.
- - Watermark: JWhathan [sp.?].
- - Originally drawn on 2 sheets (now conjoined).
- - Sheet halved to enable folding.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC map missing edge sections and portion of title cartouche including small parts of title wording. DLC
- - LC map mounted on stiff paper base with cloth backing. DLC
- - Includes handwritten text re Fort Madison at top, note at bottom, and bordered ovoid title cartouche.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 61 x 100 cm.
- Call Number
- G3844.A6R4 1814 .T3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3844a ct002825 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3844a.ct002825
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.