Maps Okinawa henkan kinenzu = Map of Japan.
Okinawa Island (Japan)
- Okinawa henkan kinenzu = Map of Japan.
- Other Title
- 沖縄返還記念図 = Map of Japan.
- Map of Japan
- 沖縄返還記念図 = map of japan.
- map of japan
- Created / Published
- [Japan : s.n., 1972]
- Subject Headings
- - Okinawa Island (Japan)
- - Japan
- - Japan--Okinawa Island
- - Oriented with north towards upper right.
- - "In commemoration of the return by the United States to Japan of Administrative Rights over the Ryūkyū Islands and the Daitō Islands, May 15, 1972."
- - "Copy 52 of 100."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy includes notes from donor: "In November 1969 President Nixon announced that the United States and Japan had agreed in principle for the return of the Ryukyu Islands to Japan. There were prolonged negotiations before signing of an agreement in June 1971. At the end of negotiations, as a souvenir, a map of Japan and the Ryukyu Islands was prepared and copies given to all persons who had participated in the negotiations"--Notes from donor."
- - Includes inset of Okinawa.
- - Gift; Peter Lande; 2010
- - xg19 2010-08-30 added parallel title
- 1 map : col. ; 52 x 87 cm.
- Call Number
- G7962.O6 1972 .O5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g7962o ct003201 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g7962o.ct003201
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.