Maps Map of Virginia : showing the distribution of its slave population from the census of 1860 /
Graham, H. S.
Graham, H. S. (Henry S.)
Hergesheimer, E. (Edwin)
Leonhardt, Theo. (Theodore)
- Map of Virginia : showing the distribution of its slave population from the census of 1860 /
- Contributor Names
- Graham, H. S. (Henry S.)
- Hergesheimer, E. (Edwin)
- Leonhardt, Theo. (Theodore), 1818-1877.
- Created / Published
- Washington : Henry S. Graham, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Slavery--Virginia--History--19th century--Maps
- - African Americans--Virginia--History--19th century
- - Virginia--History--1775-1865--Maps
- - Virginia--Population--History--19th century--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - West Virginia shown as Kanawha.
- - "Washington, June 13th, 1861."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, A.D. 1861 by Henry S. Graham, in the Clerk's Office of the District of Columbia."
- - "Sold for the benefit of the sick and wounded of the U.S. Army."
- - Includes population table based on census of 1860 by county dated "August 27th 1861" and note.
- - Manuscript annotation in lower right corner: Presented to ... W.R. Palmer, Augt 30, 1861. Also annotated in red ink in lower margin: Drawer 47, portfolio 1 no. 24.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 47 x 67 cm.
- Call Number
- G3881.E9 1861 G72
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.